Key areas of activity
The analysis performed by the experts of JSC NIICEMENT for decades allowed to identify main directions of improving cement production in Russia.
1. Technical re-equipment of existing wet-process cement works
for dry (or semi-dry) process of cement production that is more efficient in regard to fuel and energy costs. Growth of cement output in Russia in 2007 (5,2 MT) was achieved mainly at wet-process cement works. Dry-process works did not increase their cement production volumes, only the output of cement clinker grew a little (by 230 thousand tons). To evaluate the possibility of obtaining in Russia up to 80-85% of total cement output by means of dry or semi-dry processes of production, our experts perform a detailed analysis for each plant, give recommendations for its upgrading and implementation of new technologies.
2. Development of technical solutions and projects of modern production lines for cement production with a capacity of 1.2 million tons per year.
3. Development of technical solutions and projects of modern cement works with a capacity of 500 thousand tons of clinker per year with further increase of capacity up to 1 million tons of clinker (1.2 MT of cement) per year.
4. Technical audit - assessment of technical condition of a cement works to make a decision about attracting investments for its expansion, upgrading and/or sale.
5. Adaptation of foreign projects to the conditions of Russia and directly to a specific region to provide installation companies with projects of foreign firms processed with regard to the existing Russian Federation legislation, technical standards and state standards (GOST).
6. Organization of local production. A cement works of small capacity designed by our experts allows, without high financial and energy costs, to establish the production of cement in almost any area where limestone deposits or industrial wastes containing calcium carbonate are present.
7. Technological analysis of cement production materials to evaluate data of geological survey of chemical compositions of raw materials contained in various deposits for their suitability for cement production. Technological testing of natural raw materials and by-products in laboratory and semi-production conditions with issuance of experts’ opinions and recommendations on utilization of tested materials for the production of cements with predicted strength. Provision of quartz-sand standard powders to cement works to determine a specific surface of cements and other powdered materials.
8. Chemical and physical-chemical testing of all types of cements and raw materials used for cement production, as well as by-product of chemical, metallurgical and other industries, for different purposes including a certification. Providing cement works with standard samples of chemical composition of cement production materials, which guarantees the unity and accuracy of measurements of chemical composition.
9. Metrological certification of laboratory equipment for testing the quality of cement.
10. Involvement of wastes of related industries in the production of cement (i.a. as a fuel). For more than ten years in all countries of the European Community a part of process fuels (up to 12%) used for the production of cement have been replaced by secondary fuels such as waste oil, waste tires, and fuel containing wastes of domestic garbage. At the same time it helps to solve problems connected with energy and resources saving. Experts of JSC NIICEMENT developed a method of fuel containing wastes burning to replace a part of process fuels without harming the environment and the quality of finished products.
11. Development of new effective types of cement. Strengthening the export capacity of products. Despite quite high qualitative characteristics of domestic cement, it is traditionally much lower in cost than analogues produced in other countries. Experts of JSC NIICEMENT developed new types of cement often produced from cheap raw materials and distinguished by unique qualitative characteristics such as strength, high corrosion resistance, rate of hardening, and brightness of colors.
12. Improvement of grinding and dust collection processes. Solving these problems is relevant not only for the cement industry, but also mining, chemical, energy, and pharmaceutical industries.
13. Study and analysis of technical and economic performance of cement works and preparation of the annual review "Russian Cement Industry".
14. Aggregation of experience and tendencies of development of the global cement industry based on the analysis of leading international and local scientific and technical publications, and collection of analytical information about the current state of global cement markets, technique and technology of cement production in the world, tendencies of the industry development, in the form of illustrated analytical reviews and abstracts of scientific, technical and patent information.